<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Cookie Pics! 

So far, there are lavender shortbread cookies (take your favorite shortbread recipe, add 1/2 cup fresh lavender buds - I used the last harvest of lavender from my lavebder bushes before I prune them for the winter), mint sandwich cookies (which aren't out together yet, but will be soon), and a new variant of my ever popular Banbury Tarts.

The Banbury Tarts are a Medieval Faire staple, along with the Scottish Eggs and bread, fruit, and cheese. Banbury Tarts are bite sized pie crusts filled with spiced raisins soaked in lemon juice - sweet, flaky, and yummy. For the holiday season, I decided to substitute the raisins with dried cranberries. As you can see from the picture, I sampled one, and I think I like it better than the raisin-filled Banbury ones.

Only, what do I call this variant? Festive Bog Bites?


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?