<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 09, 2004

Not Quite Bakery Related 

This weekend, I discovered grilling Butt Chicken.

See, Manager was up to discuss more on The Cracked CAuldron, things like timelines, and what had to be done this upcoming week.

While here, we shopped for food, and found chicken at a really good price. At first, we thought we'd experiment with another soup, but recent experiences of a blogger we both read had us wondering about making Butt Chicken.

So, we got out the bottle of raspberry wine vinegar, and made a brine with it, raspberry juice, and herbs from my garden (sage, rosemary, curry plant, basil, thyme, and tarragon), and let it marinate for 18 hours.

Then we got out the gas grill, shoved an open can of beer up the chicken, and grilled with a buttery raspberry jelly baste.

Four hours later, we had some of the best chicken I've ever tasted, and I've grilled some pretty remarkable chicken in my time.

I wonder how we can translate this flavor into a chicken pot pie?

Of course, I can't find out with this chicken, because there are no left overs.

I don't know how it happens, but whenever we (Manager and I) decide to experiment with a new recipe, be it bread, soup, or other dish, people appear on our doorstep. And of course, we feed them.

So there are no leftovers.

Next week, we start the subchapter S incorporation papers, attend an appointment with out CPA, and talk more with the bank loan officer.

By next week, we should be well on our way to the final phases of opening.

And hopefully, I will have figured out javascripting so we can post pictures here. And just when I was starting to understand HTML.

On a side note, Blogger has added some new features that I need to spend some time learning, as well, and we should get the activation codes shortly for the web publishing tool so we (OK, I) can start designing the webpage.

Oh, and I'm wondering if we should sell Chicken Aloute at the bakery...or if it's too fragile a dish for that.

I may make a few batches and see how they hold up.

I'm so glad chicken is really cheap right now.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?